We asked foodie Lorna Spacey to create four unique sweet recipes. The creative twist? Each treat has a delicious dose of Amajoya candy.
Take your pick from these four easy sweet recipes made with a delicious dose of Amajoya candy. We created them especially for Easter, but they’re perfect for birthday parties, movie nights (the caramel popcorn only takes 25 minutes to make!), and pretty much any time you need to feel a little more joy. There’s even a sugar-free recipe for those watching waistlines.
Candy Rolled Truffles
Win date night with these decadent candy rolled chocolate truffles. Serve on a platter as is or with fresh berries. Thank us later!
Makes 12-16 depending on size
Prep time: 30 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Setting time: 3 hours | Total time: 3 hours 50 minutes
- 250g dark or semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 125g Amajoya Milk Candy with Cranberry Yoghurt Centre, wrappers removed and candy crushed
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
- 1 pinch salt
- In a saucepan, add the coconut milk and gently heat (do not boil).
- Once the coconut milk is hot, add in the chocolate and gently stir until creamy and smooth. Add in the vanilla extract now if using.
- Pour into a bowl and allow to set in the fridge for 3 hours or until firm.
- Using your hands or a spoon, scoop out equal size amounts and roll into balls.
- Roll the truffles in the crushed Amajoya candy and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Candy Chocolate Bark
This is one of our favourite recipes for Easter. It’s also perfect for any day when you are feeling a little extra – the colours are so fun and playful that just looking at them will make you happy. Add these to kiddies’ party tables or pop into lunchboxes as a treat.
Serves 10-12 depending on size
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Set time: 30 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
- 250g white chocolate
- 125g Amajoya Clear Fruit Flavoured Candy, wrappers removed and candy roughly chopped
- ½ cup toasted almonds or nuts of choice, chopped
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each one. Be careful not to overheat it. When the chocolate is completely melted, remove and stir until smooth. Alternatively, you can melt it in a heat-safe bowl set over a saucepan with simmering water.
- Cover a large baking tray with baking paper and evenly pour out the melted chocolate.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the nuts evenly over the chocolate, followed by the chopped Amajoya candy.
- Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes or until hard.
- Once the chocolate bark is completely hardened, gently remove the baking paper and use your hands to break it into rough pieces. Serve immediately and store in a sealed container for up to 10 days.
Movie night will never be the same again. This is the perfect sweet and savoury popcorn combination to join you and your friends or family during Friday night screening sessions. Grab those pillows and get comfy!
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 100g Amajoya Toffee with Milk Chocolate Flavoured Centre, wrappers removed
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp milk or water
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pot over a medium to high heat and add the popcorn kernels once hot. Place the lid on the pot.
- Once the kernels start to pop, reduce the heat right down to low or turn off.
- While you wait for the popcorn, melt the Amajoya toffees with milk or water in a heat-proof bowl over some simmering water and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add the popcorn into a large bowl and pour over the melted toffee using a spatula. Gently mix, ensuring you cover all the popcorn.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes and finish off with a sprinkle of salt.
This is the perfect show stopper for cheese boards and harvest tables, adding the perfect bespoke or artisan feel to your table. Not only is our toffee brittle sugar free but its out-of-this-world taste will have your guests coming back for more. Serve in beautiful glassware with tissue paper for extra-special events.
Serves 6-8 depending on size
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Set time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- 75g Amajoya Sugar Free Buttermint Candy with Cocoa Filling, wrappers removed
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate of choice, chopped
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the Amajoya candy and water in a heat-proof bowl over some simmering water and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Once melted, evenly pour out the candy until around 1cm thick and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle the chopped nuts and chocolate. Leave in a cool place for 1 hour or until hard.
- Using a knife or your hands, break the brittle into desired size and store in an airtight container.
Love Our Recipes? Want More?
Check out our delicious sticky toffee pudding and join the Amajoya community to receive more tasty tidbits – along with plenty of other forms of joy – direct to your inbox.